(Last Updated: April 30, 2020)

Deconz

• After researching a number of various Zigbee solutions, I have come to the conclusion that Deconz with a ConbeeII is probably the best one available, covering the two HA1.2 stacks and ZLL stacks with the widest compatibility range, even better than the ZHA or Zigbee2MQTT components of Home Assistant, and also the best maintained with regurlar firmware updates. It is really an equivalent to z-way but for zigbee. It has a rest API so I am dreaming awake of a bridge for openLuup here...

Could be a good project? I may get one to play with... It could potentially enable unifying the hue devices into one network.

• I could probably help, as I already said to @akbooer 😆 but because of the fun involved, nothing more. I don't have the hardware, but I see a summer in my future with no beach and a lot of stay-at-home.

• After thinking hard about it, I will be putting this one on the back burner... I have a working solution with the ZHA component of Home assistant for now and have no intention of expanding my zigbee network. The only significant advantage for my setup was to get rid of the hue hub and consolidate all zigbee networks into one for the future. Zigbee is just a mess with too many semi proprietary stacks and I will try to stay away from it as much as I can.

• Have deconz on hass, with conbee2 works like charm! Beatifull interface in hass and with vnc. Only downturn is philips_hue firmware updates, thats not easy due to lack of firmware files.