Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Unsolved
Collapse
Discussion Forum to share and further the development of home control and automation, independent of platforms.
  1. Home
  2. Software
  3. Multi-System Reactor
  4. Integrate UPS with MSR
MSR with reverse proxy
tunnusT
I'm trying to use MSR via reserve proxy in Synology DSM, but MSR page does not load https://<public ip>:30000/reactor/en-US/ At the same time logging page loads normally https://<public ip>:30000/api/v1/log I thought maybe authentication was messing it up, but there was no deny entries in the log, and also disabling authentication did not make any difference. For this use case VPN is not an option (that works, but as said not an option for this particular use case). Any ideas what could cause this? MSR build latest-26242-28d69aa8, Chrome browser
Multi-System Reactor
[MSR] Native fan capabilty
therealdbT
Nothing more to add. I see we have hvac_blower, but, anyway, maybe a native fan on the same assumptions of the fan from HASS could be reasonable. I have a couple of them. ie, this is from ESPHome via HASS. x_hass.domain="fan" x_hass.entity_id="fan.kitchen_seashell_hood_ventilation_fan" x_hass.floor_id=null x_hass.services=["fan","esphome"] x_hass.source="esphome" x_hass.state="off" x_hass_attr.friendly_name="Seashell Hood Ventilation Fan" x_hass_attr.percentage=50 x_hass_attr.percentage_step=25 x_hass_attr.preset_mode="" x_hass_attr.preset_modes=[] x_hass_attr.supported_features=49 Thanks.
Multi-System Reactor
[MSR] Rule do not fire
therealdbT
Topic thumbnail image
Multi-System Reactor
Rule condition shows TRUE in UI but Rule never transitions to SET — survives full restart
N
Build: latest-26221-b25bb3e3, Docker on Synology. Hi, I have a Rule whose Trigger/Constraints reference other Rules via Rule State ... is TRUE. At some point it stops firing. Expanding the rule's condition tree in the UI shows every Trigger and Constraint condition green/TRUE — confirmed live by walking into the room and watching Motion go true in real time. Rule History shows no new SET, just old reset entries. Tried, on the same rule, same evening: recreating the trigger conditions with fresh IDs, recreating the constraint conditions with fresh IDs (flat and wrapped in a new Group — wrapping in a Group produced one SET, but it didn't reproduce on repeat attempts with the same structure), and finally a full container restart with a verified-correct saved rule. Still no SET, even with a fresh live motion event right after the restart. Separately, I found that this rule (and its 10 per-room clones) share identical internal condition/group IDs with each other — leftover from a batch clone done months ago, never regenerated. Not sure if that's related, since fixing the IDs didn't reliably fix the symptom either. Has anyone seen a Rule State condition show TRUE in the UI without the Rule ever producing a SET, surviving a clean restart? Thanks in advance
Multi-System Reactor
DynamicGroupController and attributes
therealdbT
Hey @toggledbits I'm back to trying to optimize a couple of things based on dynamic group. First of all, I think I found a typo in the doc: primary_attribute: "binary_sensor.state" primary_attribute_value: | d = false; each id in members: d = getEntity(id)?.attributes?.power_switch?.state or d, d I think the correct code snippet is d = false, All that said, my use case for dynamic groups is to group 3 different climate devices, so I could easily command them at the same time. Commands are good, but sometimes I want to check if any of the devices are on, and that's easily done with a similar snippet as the one you have in the docs. But this is limited to the primary attribute, while I want to have any of the attributes in the group to be driven by a similar logic (while all are null in the group). ie, access hvac_control.mode and see if any of the unit is set to cool, or heat. Is that possible, without re-defining an expression in each of my rules? Thanks!
Multi-System Reactor
Reactor (Multi-System/Multi-Hub) Announcements
toggledbitsT
Build 21228 has been released. Docker images available from DockerHub as usual, and bare-metal packages here. Home Assistant up to version 2021.8.6 supported; the online version of the manual will now state the current supported versions; Fix an error in OWMWeatherController that could cause it to stop updating; Unify the approach to entity filtering on all hub interface classes (controllers); this works for device entities only; it may be extended to other entities later; Improve error detail in messages for EzloController during auth phase; Add isRuleSet() and isRuleEnabled() functions to expressions extensions; Implement set action for lock and passage capabilities (makes them more easily scriptable in some cases); Fix a place in the UI where 24-hour time was not being displayed.
Multi-System Reactor
Unofficial thread for compatibility
tunnusT
As there are statements about compatibility for home assistant versions in MSR new version announcements (e.g. "HassController: Bless Hass to 2025.7.3"), I thought it would be good idea to track other controllers as well. As an example, I can confirm that build "latest-25208-c53e8513" works with Hubitat Elevation C-8 platform version 2.4.2.134 using Maker API. Updates: (the latest versions first in the list) OK: build "latest-25264-2fbe9217" with Hubitat C-8 platform v. 2.4.3.123
Multi-System Reactor
Ooops - Deleted Reactor Ex Machina II
R
I accidentally deleted Reactor Ex Machina II (REM II) from my Reactor rules. I tried to recover it by deleting the .json and .dval in the Rules subdirectory and then recreating it from Togglebits original posting, but that did not work. Does anyone know how to recover REM ll ?
Multi-System Reactor
Bail out of failed reaction?
T
Topic thumbnail image
Multi-System Reactor
Arming Envisalink panel from MSR
T
Topic thumbnail image
Multi-System Reactor
[Solved] DynamicGroupController updating members issue
CrilleC
Edit: Solved in latest-26221. Bare-metal latest-26193 I have this group: "OKforLarm": name: OK för Larm select: - include_controller: vera - include_capability: door_sensor filter_expression: entity.attributes.door_sensor.state It contains the entities I expect but behaves a bit odd. When I open vera>device_10097 the entity attribute door_sensor.state changes to true but it won't show up as member in the group, when I also open vera>device_10095 they both shows as members and when I close vera>device_10095 it disappear from the group but when I close vera>device_10097 it lingers in the group until I restart Reactor.
Multi-System Reactor
Upgrade Issues
T
Topic thumbnail image
Multi-System Reactor
[SOLVED] Conflicting Set Reaction Groups Appear to Fire Simultaneously in Single Rule Evaluation
G
Topic thumbnail image
Multi-System Reactor
[SOLVED] Question regarding "in" vs "contains" vs contents of the string
G
Topic thumbnail image
Multi-System Reactor
Logon screen timeout
G
Noticing since 170 that the lock screen doesn't switch to the logon prompt but, rather, stays on the active UI until such time as you go to click something within it. Then it jumps to the login screen. Brave browser Brave 1.92.139 (Official Build) (arm64) Chromium: 150.0.7871.114
Multi-System Reactor
[MSR] Copy&past of actions and/or drag&drop between set/reset
therealdbT
Hey @toggledbits One thing that bothers me while doing work on new systems/new features, is that I cannot copy&paste actions, and I cannot drag&drop between set and resets. #1 is for when I want to copy an action between different rules opened in two separate browser windows, while #2 is when I just need to flip a bunch of actions in the reset, or move some logic back and forth. Both will be appreciated, but I understand the technical challenges. Thanks!
Multi-System Reactor
Upgrade advice - upgrade from aarch64 to ARM64 image
T
I'm currently on version 26011. I understand that the aarch64 image is no longer supported. So, I therefore need to update to the ARM64 image. Can anyone possibly suggest how I update my docker compose.yaml file (see below). Ideally I'd like to keep my existing reactions etc. rather than start from scratch. # Multi-System Reactor template docker-compose.yml (version 22160) # # Change the lines indicated by "DO"... # services: reactor: container_name: reactor environment: # DO change the TZ: line to set your local time zone. # See valid TZ list: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tz_database_time_zones TZ: GB # # DO NOT change this path. Your directory location is in "source" below. REACTOR_DATA_PREFIX: /var/reactor # DO change the image below to the one you are using (e.g. armv7l or aarch64 for RPi 4) image: toggledbits/reactor:latest-aarch64 restart: "always" expose: - 8111 ports: - 8111:8111 volumes: # DO change the /home/username/reactor below to the directory you created for # your local data; DO NOT change the /var/reactor part - /home/pi/docker/reactor:/var/reactor - /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro tmpfs: /tmp
Multi-System Reactor
Alexa for MSR, any interest?
MikeReadingtonM
Topic thumbnail image
Multi-System Reactor
[RESOLVED] Telegram notification broke with latest update
3
Topic thumbnail image
Multi-System Reactor
[RESOLVED] Phantom device, “INFO” appears
wmarcolinW
Topic thumbnail image
Multi-System Reactor

Integrate UPS with MSR

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Multi-System Reactor
25 Posts 5 Posters 10.5k Views 5 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • toggledbitsT toggledbits

    Go into the extension directory (ext/NutController) and run npm list and post the output here.

    Also you need to show your NutController config.

    A Offline
    A Offline
    Andr
    wrote on last edited by Andr
    #21

    @toggledbits
    So, back from vacation so time to take another shot at this 🙂

    npm list:

    C:\reactor\ext\NUTController>npm list
    npm WARN config global `--global`, `--local` are deprecated. Use `--location=global` instead.
    reactor-nutcontroller@0.1.22305 C:\reactor\ext\NUTController
    `-- node-nut@1.0.3
    

    NutController config

    
      - id: nut
        implementation: NUTController
        enabled: true
        #name: Eddie UPS NUTController
        config:
          server: 22.33.44.11        # modify the IP address as needed
          port: 3493              # optional, default shown
          username: "***"      # optional, no user auth if not set
          password: "***"  # optional, must be specified if username is used
    
    
    
    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • toggledbitsT Offline
      toggledbitsT Offline
      toggledbits
      wrote on last edited by
      #22

      Try commenting out the username from config. Authentication isn't needed for the queries being used.

      Author of Multi-system Reactor and Reactor, DelayLight, Switchboard, and about a dozen other plugins that run on Vera and openLuup.

      A 1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • toggledbitsT toggledbits

        Try commenting out the username from config. Authentication isn't needed for the queries being used.

        A Offline
        A Offline
        Andr
        wrote on last edited by
        #23

        @toggledbits
        Yep, that did it 😊
        Thanks once again @toggledbits

        Any thougts about getting more System Info into MSR by the way?
        This got me thinking on another possible solution. Reactor already monitors "System Memory" "Uptime" and so on, so maybe it also could monitor Powersource, Battery Level, Charging State? Then let Reactor react with its magic

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • toggledbitsT Offline
          toggledbitsT Offline
          toggledbits
          wrote on last edited by
          #24

          Hmmm... are you (mis)understanding the way NUTController publishes its data? It publishes UPS info on an entity for each UPS that NUT reports. Here, for example, is the data for a test "dummy" UPS that one can configure in NUT:

          battery_maintenance.charging=false
          battery_maintenance.rechargeable=true
          battery_maintenance.replace=true
          battery_power.level=0.2
          battery_power.since=1692217178132
          power_source.source="battery"
          x_nut_ups.battery_charge="20"
          x_nut_ups.battery_charger.status="discharging"
          x_nut_ups.battery_date.maintenance="05/01/2022"
          x_nut_ups.device_mfr="Dummy Manufacturer"
          x_nut_ups.device_model="Dummy UPS"
          x_nut_ups.device_type="ups"
          x_nut_ups.driver_name="dummy-ups"
          x_nut_ups.driver_parameter.mode="dummy"
          x_nut_ups.driver_parameter.pollinterval="2"
          x_nut_ups.driver_parameter.port="/etc/nut/dummy.seq"
          x_nut_ups.driver_parameter.synchronous="no"
          x_nut_ups.driver_version="2.7.4"
          x_nut_ups.driver_version.internal="0.14"
          x_nut_ups.input_voltage=1580
          x_nut_ups.ups_mfr="Dummy Manufacturer"
          x_nut_ups.ups_model="Dummy UPS"
          x_nut_ups.ups_status="OB LB"
          

          So you can see it's reporting battery state, power level, current power source, etc.

          Or are you asking for something else and I'm not getting it?

          Author of Multi-system Reactor and Reactor, DelayLight, Switchboard, and about a dozen other plugins that run on Vera and openLuup.

          A 1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • toggledbitsT toggledbits

            Hmmm... are you (mis)understanding the way NUTController publishes its data? It publishes UPS info on an entity for each UPS that NUT reports. Here, for example, is the data for a test "dummy" UPS that one can configure in NUT:

            battery_maintenance.charging=false
            battery_maintenance.rechargeable=true
            battery_maintenance.replace=true
            battery_power.level=0.2
            battery_power.since=1692217178132
            power_source.source="battery"
            x_nut_ups.battery_charge="20"
            x_nut_ups.battery_charger.status="discharging"
            x_nut_ups.battery_date.maintenance="05/01/2022"
            x_nut_ups.device_mfr="Dummy Manufacturer"
            x_nut_ups.device_model="Dummy UPS"
            x_nut_ups.device_type="ups"
            x_nut_ups.driver_name="dummy-ups"
            x_nut_ups.driver_parameter.mode="dummy"
            x_nut_ups.driver_parameter.pollinterval="2"
            x_nut_ups.driver_parameter.port="/etc/nut/dummy.seq"
            x_nut_ups.driver_parameter.synchronous="no"
            x_nut_ups.driver_version="2.7.4"
            x_nut_ups.driver_version.internal="0.14"
            x_nut_ups.input_voltage=1580
            x_nut_ups.ups_mfr="Dummy Manufacturer"
            x_nut_ups.ups_model="Dummy UPS"
            x_nut_ups.ups_status="OB LB"
            

            So you can see it's reporting battery state, power level, current power source, etc.

            Or are you asking for something else and I'm not getting it?

            A Offline
            A Offline
            Andr
            wrote on last edited by Andr
            #25

            @toggledbits
            No, I get how NutController works. So far at least...

            But when I got stuck several times trying to set up NUT I almost gave up. At the same time I remembered seeing some System Info in MSR and if could find data about battery level, charging and so on I would not even need the NUT Installation.
            And that would be a big bonus for me as I realize that when my NUT installation fails one day it would take me long time to figure it out and also one less process/config to handle.

            And from System Info I assume we could get info about temperatures, storage levels, fan speeds and so on?
            This could be used to send warning notifications from MSR.

            So yes, I was asking something else that come up in my head when I tried to find another way than using NUT. 🙂

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • toggledbitsT toggledbits locked this topic on
            Reply
            • Reply as topic
            Log in to reply
            • Oldest to Newest
            • Newest to Oldest
            • Most Votes


            Recent Topics

            • MSR with reverse proxy
              tunnusT
              tunnus
              0
              10
              416

            • Use of Google Gemini as an MSR and Hubitat configuration aid
              therealdbT
              therealdb
              0
              2
              110

            • [MSR] Native fan capabilty
              therealdbT
              therealdb
              1
              3
              187

            • [MSR] Rule do not fire
              therealdbT
              therealdb
              0
              4
              230

            • Rule condition shows TRUE in UI but Rule never transitions to SET — survives full restart
              N
              noelab
              0
              8
              345

            • DynamicGroupController and attributes
              toggledbitsT
              toggledbits
              1
              9
              433

            • Reactor (Multi-System/Multi-Hub) Announcements
              toggledbitsT
              toggledbits
              5
              149
              145.2k

            • Unofficial thread for compatibility
              tunnusT
              tunnus
              2
              2
              815

            • Ooops - Deleted Reactor Ex Machina II
              toggledbitsT
              toggledbits
              0
              2
              150

            • Bail out of failed reaction?
              T
              tamorgen
              0
              3
              276

            • Arming Envisalink panel from MSR
              T
              tamorgen
              0
              7
              521

            • [Solved] DynamicGroupController updating members issue
              CrilleC
              Crille
              0
              5
              367
            Powered by NodeBB | Contributors
            Hosted freely by 10RUPTiV - Solutions Technologiques | Contact us
            • Login

            • Don't have an account? Register

            • Login or register to search.
            • First post
              Last post
            0
            • Categories
            • Recent
            • Tags
            • Popular
            • Unsolved