Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Unsolved
Collapse
Discussion Forum to share and further the development of home control and automation, independent of platforms.
  1. Home
  2. Software
  3. Multi-System Reactor
  4. Global Reactions - Constraints ?
MSR with reverse proxy
tunnusT
I'm trying to use MSR via reserve proxy in Synology DSM, but MSR page does not load https://<public ip>:30000/reactor/en-US/ At the same time logging page loads normally https://<public ip>:30000/api/v1/log I thought maybe authentication was messing it up, but there was no deny entries in the log, and also disabling authentication did not make any difference. For this use case VPN is not an option (that works, but as said not an option for this particular use case). Any ideas what could cause this? MSR build latest-26242-28d69aa8, Chrome browser
Multi-System Reactor
[MSR] Native fan capabilty
therealdbT
Nothing more to add. I see we have hvac_blower, but, anyway, maybe a native fan on the same assumptions of the fan from HASS could be reasonable. I have a couple of them. ie, this is from ESPHome via HASS. x_hass.domain="fan" x_hass.entity_id="fan.kitchen_seashell_hood_ventilation_fan" x_hass.floor_id=null x_hass.services=["fan","esphome"] x_hass.source="esphome" x_hass.state="off" x_hass_attr.friendly_name="Seashell Hood Ventilation Fan" x_hass_attr.percentage=50 x_hass_attr.percentage_step=25 x_hass_attr.preset_mode="" x_hass_attr.preset_modes=[] x_hass_attr.supported_features=49 Thanks.
Multi-System Reactor
[MSR] Rule do not fire
therealdbT
Topic thumbnail image
Multi-System Reactor
Rule condition shows TRUE in UI but Rule never transitions to SET — survives full restart
N
Build: latest-26221-b25bb3e3, Docker on Synology. Hi, I have a Rule whose Trigger/Constraints reference other Rules via Rule State ... is TRUE. At some point it stops firing. Expanding the rule's condition tree in the UI shows every Trigger and Constraint condition green/TRUE — confirmed live by walking into the room and watching Motion go true in real time. Rule History shows no new SET, just old reset entries. Tried, on the same rule, same evening: recreating the trigger conditions with fresh IDs, recreating the constraint conditions with fresh IDs (flat and wrapped in a new Group — wrapping in a Group produced one SET, but it didn't reproduce on repeat attempts with the same structure), and finally a full container restart with a verified-correct saved rule. Still no SET, even with a fresh live motion event right after the restart. Separately, I found that this rule (and its 10 per-room clones) share identical internal condition/group IDs with each other — leftover from a batch clone done months ago, never regenerated. Not sure if that's related, since fixing the IDs didn't reliably fix the symptom either. Has anyone seen a Rule State condition show TRUE in the UI without the Rule ever producing a SET, surviving a clean restart? Thanks in advance
Multi-System Reactor
DynamicGroupController and attributes
therealdbT
Hey @toggledbits I'm back to trying to optimize a couple of things based on dynamic group. First of all, I think I found a typo in the doc: primary_attribute: "binary_sensor.state" primary_attribute_value: | d = false; each id in members: d = getEntity(id)?.attributes?.power_switch?.state or d, d I think the correct code snippet is d = false, All that said, my use case for dynamic groups is to group 3 different climate devices, so I could easily command them at the same time. Commands are good, but sometimes I want to check if any of the devices are on, and that's easily done with a similar snippet as the one you have in the docs. But this is limited to the primary attribute, while I want to have any of the attributes in the group to be driven by a similar logic (while all are null in the group). ie, access hvac_control.mode and see if any of the unit is set to cool, or heat. Is that possible, without re-defining an expression in each of my rules? Thanks!
Multi-System Reactor
Reactor (Multi-System/Multi-Hub) Announcements
toggledbitsT
Build 21228 has been released. Docker images available from DockerHub as usual, and bare-metal packages here. Home Assistant up to version 2021.8.6 supported; the online version of the manual will now state the current supported versions; Fix an error in OWMWeatherController that could cause it to stop updating; Unify the approach to entity filtering on all hub interface classes (controllers); this works for device entities only; it may be extended to other entities later; Improve error detail in messages for EzloController during auth phase; Add isRuleSet() and isRuleEnabled() functions to expressions extensions; Implement set action for lock and passage capabilities (makes them more easily scriptable in some cases); Fix a place in the UI where 24-hour time was not being displayed.
Multi-System Reactor
Unofficial thread for compatibility
tunnusT
As there are statements about compatibility for home assistant versions in MSR new version announcements (e.g. "HassController: Bless Hass to 2025.7.3"), I thought it would be good idea to track other controllers as well. As an example, I can confirm that build "latest-25208-c53e8513" works with Hubitat Elevation C-8 platform version 2.4.2.134 using Maker API. Updates: (the latest versions first in the list) OK: build "latest-25264-2fbe9217" with Hubitat C-8 platform v. 2.4.3.123
Multi-System Reactor
Ooops - Deleted Reactor Ex Machina II
R
I accidentally deleted Reactor Ex Machina II (REM II) from my Reactor rules. I tried to recover it by deleting the .json and .dval in the Rules subdirectory and then recreating it from Togglebits original posting, but that did not work. Does anyone know how to recover REM ll ?
Multi-System Reactor
Bail out of failed reaction?
T
Topic thumbnail image
Multi-System Reactor
Arming Envisalink panel from MSR
T
Topic thumbnail image
Multi-System Reactor
[Solved] DynamicGroupController updating members issue
CrilleC
Edit: Solved in latest-26221. Bare-metal latest-26193 I have this group: "OKforLarm": name: OK för Larm select: - include_controller: vera - include_capability: door_sensor filter_expression: entity.attributes.door_sensor.state It contains the entities I expect but behaves a bit odd. When I open vera>device_10097 the entity attribute door_sensor.state changes to true but it won't show up as member in the group, when I also open vera>device_10095 they both shows as members and when I close vera>device_10095 it disappear from the group but when I close vera>device_10097 it lingers in the group until I restart Reactor.
Multi-System Reactor
Upgrade Issues
T
Topic thumbnail image
Multi-System Reactor
[SOLVED] Conflicting Set Reaction Groups Appear to Fire Simultaneously in Single Rule Evaluation
G
Topic thumbnail image
Multi-System Reactor
[SOLVED] Question regarding "in" vs "contains" vs contents of the string
G
Topic thumbnail image
Multi-System Reactor
Logon screen timeout
G
Noticing since 170 that the lock screen doesn't switch to the logon prompt but, rather, stays on the active UI until such time as you go to click something within it. Then it jumps to the login screen. Brave browser Brave 1.92.139 (Official Build) (arm64) Chromium: 150.0.7871.114
Multi-System Reactor
[MSR] Copy&past of actions and/or drag&drop between set/reset
therealdbT
Hey @toggledbits One thing that bothers me while doing work on new systems/new features, is that I cannot copy&paste actions, and I cannot drag&drop between set and resets. #1 is for when I want to copy an action between different rules opened in two separate browser windows, while #2 is when I just need to flip a bunch of actions in the reset, or move some logic back and forth. Both will be appreciated, but I understand the technical challenges. Thanks!
Multi-System Reactor
Upgrade advice - upgrade from aarch64 to ARM64 image
T
I'm currently on version 26011. I understand that the aarch64 image is no longer supported. So, I therefore need to update to the ARM64 image. Can anyone possibly suggest how I update my docker compose.yaml file (see below). Ideally I'd like to keep my existing reactions etc. rather than start from scratch. # Multi-System Reactor template docker-compose.yml (version 22160) # # Change the lines indicated by "DO"... # services: reactor: container_name: reactor environment: # DO change the TZ: line to set your local time zone. # See valid TZ list: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tz_database_time_zones TZ: GB # # DO NOT change this path. Your directory location is in "source" below. REACTOR_DATA_PREFIX: /var/reactor # DO change the image below to the one you are using (e.g. armv7l or aarch64 for RPi 4) image: toggledbits/reactor:latest-aarch64 restart: "always" expose: - 8111 ports: - 8111:8111 volumes: # DO change the /home/username/reactor below to the directory you created for # your local data; DO NOT change the /var/reactor part - /home/pi/docker/reactor:/var/reactor - /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro tmpfs: /tmp
Multi-System Reactor
Alexa for MSR, any interest?
MikeReadingtonM
Topic thumbnail image
Multi-System Reactor
[RESOLVED] Telegram notification broke with latest update
3
Topic thumbnail image
Multi-System Reactor
[RESOLVED] Phantom device, “INFO” appears
wmarcolinW
Topic thumbnail image
Multi-System Reactor

Global Reactions - Constraints ?

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Multi-System Reactor
10 Posts 4 Posters 2.3k Views 4 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • cw-kidC Offline
    cw-kidC Offline
    cw-kid
    wrote on last edited by cw-kid
    #1

    Hi

    Will Global Reaction rules have Constraints added at some point?

    And maybe the other functions like Reset Reaction and Expressions.

    Thanks

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • toggledbitsT Offline
      toggledbitsT Offline
      toggledbits
      wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Global reactions are reactions, not rules. Rules have constraints. Reactions do not. I don't know what "other functions like reset reaction and expressions" means in this context, either. Maybe an example?

      Author of Multi-system Reactor and Reactor, DelayLight, Switchboard, and about a dozen other plugins that run on Vera and openLuup.

      cw-kidC 2 Replies Last reply
      1
      • toggledbitsT toggledbits

        Global reactions are reactions, not rules. Rules have constraints. Reactions do not. I don't know what "other functions like reset reaction and expressions" means in this context, either. Maybe an example?

        cw-kidC Offline
        cw-kidC Offline
        cw-kid
        wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @toggledbits

        Can I change my question.

        Can I trigger a rule set via a http request in to MSR?

        toggledbitsT 1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • CatmanV2C Offline
          CatmanV2C Offline
          CatmanV2
          wrote on last edited by
          #4

          If you can't use the HTTP request to trip a virtual switch....

          C

          The Ex-Vera abuser know as CatmanV2.....

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • cw-kidC cw-kid

            @toggledbits

            Can I change my question.

            Can I trigger a rule set via a http request in to MSR?

            toggledbitsT Offline
            toggledbitsT Offline
            toggledbits
            wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @cw-kid said in Global Reactions - Constraints ?:

            Can I trigger a rule set via a http request in to MSR?

            I can't make sense of why one would want to do this. In my view, the only reason to trigger a rule is to get it to run its reaction. You can, instead, just run a global reaction with an HTTP request.

            Author of Multi-system Reactor and Reactor, DelayLight, Switchboard, and about a dozen other plugins that run on Vera and openLuup.

            cw-kidC 1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • toggledbitsT toggledbits

              @cw-kid said in Global Reactions - Constraints ?:

              Can I trigger a rule set via a http request in to MSR?

              I can't make sense of why one would want to do this. In my view, the only reason to trigger a rule is to get it to run its reaction. You can, instead, just run a global reaction with an HTTP request.

              cw-kidC Offline
              cw-kidC Offline
              cw-kid
              wrote on last edited by cw-kid
              #6

              @toggledbits

              I know I can run a Global Reaction via a http request.

              I am wondering about replacing Vera scenes with either global reactions which I can do for none conditional things.

              Or by being able to trigger a rule set via a http command.

              These Vera scenes are generally manually triggered.

              1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • toggledbitsT toggledbits

                Global reactions are reactions, not rules. Rules have constraints. Reactions do not. I don't know what "other functions like reset reaction and expressions" means in this context, either. Maybe an example?

                cw-kidC Offline
                cw-kidC Offline
                cw-kid
                wrote on last edited by cw-kid
                #7

                @toggledbits said in Global Reactions - Constraints ?:

                Maybe an example?

                I have some scenes in Vera that switch my house modes and do other stuff also. These scenes have no trigger, they are manual and I can run them when I either press a button in the Home Remote dashboard app or when I ask Google Home to run the scene etc.

                The Vera scenes just have LUA code in them, no actions under their "Advanced Editor" section.

                This is a portion of the LUA code for my Away scene. It just checks if a virtual switch is turned on or not? If its on it does not put Vera in to Away mode, if its off then it does put Vera in to Away mode and the HTTP Requests are just for TTS announcements and alert messages to Telegram.

                local status = luup.variable_get("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1", "Status", 419) --Status of Safe to Arm virtual switch
                if status == "0" then --Safe to Arm
                  luup.inet.wget("http://SOME-HTTP-REQUEST")
                  luup.call_action("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1","SetHouseMode", {Mode = 2}, 0) --Set House Mode to Away
                  luup.inet.wget('SOME-HTTP-REQUEST' ,5);
                 
                else --Not Safe to Arm
                  luup.inet.wget("SOME-HTTP-REQUEST")
                 luup.inet.wget('SOME-HTTP-REQUEST' ,5);
                end
                

                My actual LUA code for this "Away" scene is a bit longer and has some function delays in it and it also puts all my Android tablets to sleep, however I cannot currently do that either, by using the VeraScenes.lua file and the Vera startup library, problems are here.

                I do not know how to replicate this manually triggered "scene" in MSR.

                Only way I have tried so far is to create a Global Reaction and to use the same LUA code in the Reaction. However that is not currently working and the LUA code never runs, which is this thread here.

                I could potentially replicate the functionality of this LUA code in a Rule Set but then I cannot manually initiate a Rule Set and its actions via a HTTP Request sent in to MSR like I can with a Global Reaction.

                So currently I cannot move this "Away" scene to MSR and delete it off Vera.

                I would like to reduce the number of Vera scenes I have and use MSR instead, I want to get to the point where the Vera hub is pretty much just a Z-Wave radio and all logic is done in MSR etc.

                For more simple manually triggered scenes, where they just turn something on or off or whatever, I can easily recreate those scenes in MSR as Global Reactions and I have done some already for my LED colour lighting scenes.

                However for some scenes like this "Away" one that have some conditional things in them, I cannot currently use Global Reactions or Rule Sets.

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • LibraSunL Offline
                  LibraSunL Offline
                  LibraSun
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  While I'm not completely certain that this addresses the core of your question, please know that I activate many of my "manual" routines as follows:
                  (a) On Vera, I establish a virtual switch (e.g. VS named "Lights Out");
                  (b) In house, I have a 4-button remote control ("Nodon") with multi-press capabilities;
                  (c) On MSR, I create a Rule that watches for "Nodon" sl_CentralScene == 3 (button #1 pushed and held);
                  (d) All that rule does is turn on "Lights Out" VS (which is set to auto-reset after 2 seconds by Switchboard plug-in);
                  (e) On MSR, I have a second Rule which watches for VS "Lights Out" to become TRUE;
                  (f) That 2nd rule does all the things I want done for my "Lights Out" routine.

                  The reason I do it this way is that the intermediate VS becomes a handy entry point for both the Dashboard, the Vera UI, any Lua code or related plug-ins running on Vera, as well as a visual cue in the app UI to know that the "Lights Out" routine has been triggered.

                  So few things appear in all those places (VS and Virtual Dimmers being two of them) as well as themselves are controllable by Alexa. If I say "Lights Out" to my virtual assistant, all she does is turn on the VS "Lights Out" and we're off and running!

                  cw-kidC 1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • LibraSunL LibraSun

                    While I'm not completely certain that this addresses the core of your question, please know that I activate many of my "manual" routines as follows:
                    (a) On Vera, I establish a virtual switch (e.g. VS named "Lights Out");
                    (b) In house, I have a 4-button remote control ("Nodon") with multi-press capabilities;
                    (c) On MSR, I create a Rule that watches for "Nodon" sl_CentralScene == 3 (button #1 pushed and held);
                    (d) All that rule does is turn on "Lights Out" VS (which is set to auto-reset after 2 seconds by Switchboard plug-in);
                    (e) On MSR, I have a second Rule which watches for VS "Lights Out" to become TRUE;
                    (f) That 2nd rule does all the things I want done for my "Lights Out" routine.

                    The reason I do it this way is that the intermediate VS becomes a handy entry point for both the Dashboard, the Vera UI, any Lua code or related plug-ins running on Vera, as well as a visual cue in the app UI to know that the "Lights Out" routine has been triggered.

                    So few things appear in all those places (VS and Virtual Dimmers being two of them) as well as themselves are controllable by Alexa. If I say "Lights Out" to my virtual assistant, all she does is turn on the VS "Lights Out" and we're off and running!

                    cw-kidC Offline
                    cw-kidC Offline
                    cw-kid
                    wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    @LibraSun

                    I can see how virtual switches could be used to trigger MSR rule sets and I do that for some things already.

                    However my remaining Vera scenes are really just scenes that are manually initiated and I'd like to be able to do the same thing in MSR, without having to create a bunch of new and unwanted virtual devices.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    1
                    • LibraSunL Offline
                      LibraSunL Offline
                      LibraSun
                      wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      If I could make one small suggestion, which may not fit your use case... namely, creating a single(!) virtual dimmer -- or even just pinpointing an otherwise unused Variable on an existing Vera device -- which MSR can watch for changes?

                      Then, (a) you trigger your Vera Scene (manually), (b) the Scene sets the value (of the Dimmer or Variable), (c) MSR detects the change (automatically), and (d) MSR runs the associated Rule (whose trigger is literally "Dimmer" == X or "Variable" == Y). For this setup to work reliably, I'd take it a step further with (e) MSR immediately resets "Dimmer" or "Variable" to 0.

                      You can tell I'm trying to get things up and running without the need for an as-yet-uncoded "Incoming HTTP Request". 🙂

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • toggledbitsT toggledbits locked this topic on
                      Reply
                      • Reply as topic
                      Log in to reply
                      • Oldest to Newest
                      • Newest to Oldest
                      • Most Votes


                      Recent Topics

                      • Use of Google Gemini as an MSR and Hubitat configuration aid
                        R
                        retireditguy
                        0
                        1
                        10

                      • MSR with reverse proxy
                        tunnusT
                        tunnus
                        0
                        8
                        277

                      • [MSR] Native fan capabilty
                        therealdbT
                        therealdb
                        1
                        3
                        170

                      • [MSR] Rule do not fire
                        therealdbT
                        therealdb
                        0
                        4
                        198

                      • Rule condition shows TRUE in UI but Rule never transitions to SET — survives full restart
                        N
                        noelab
                        0
                        8
                        285

                      • DynamicGroupController and attributes
                        toggledbitsT
                        toggledbits
                        1
                        9
                        400

                      • Reactor (Multi-System/Multi-Hub) Announcements
                        toggledbitsT
                        toggledbits
                        5
                        149
                        143.2k

                      • Unofficial thread for compatibility
                        tunnusT
                        tunnus
                        2
                        2
                        789

                      • Ooops - Deleted Reactor Ex Machina II
                        toggledbitsT
                        toggledbits
                        0
                        2
                        135

                      • Bail out of failed reaction?
                        T
                        tamorgen
                        0
                        3
                        226

                      • Arming Envisalink panel from MSR
                        T
                        tamorgen
                        0
                        7
                        471

                      • [Solved] DynamicGroupController updating members issue
                        CrilleC
                        Crille
                        0
                        5
                        330
                      Powered by NodeBB | Contributors
                      Hosted freely by 10RUPTiV - Solutions Technologiques | Contact us
                      • Login

                      • Don't have an account? Register

                      • Login or register to search.
                      • First post
                        Last post
                      0
                      • Categories
                      • Recent
                      • Tags
                      • Popular
                      • Unsolved