Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Unsolved
Collapse
Discussion Forum to share and further the development of home control and automation, independent of platforms.
  1. Home
  2. Software
  3. Multi-System Reactor
  4. Dark Mode not Working - 24293
MSR with reverse proxy
tunnusT
I'm trying to use MSR via reserve proxy in Synology DSM, but MSR page does not load https://<public ip>:30000/reactor/en-US/ At the same time logging page loads normally https://<public ip>:30000/api/v1/log I thought maybe authentication was messing it up, but there was no deny entries in the log, and also disabling authentication did not make any difference. For this use case VPN is not an option (that works, but as said not an option for this particular use case). Any ideas what could cause this? MSR build latest-26242-28d69aa8, Chrome browser
Multi-System Reactor
[MSR] Native fan capabilty
therealdbT
Nothing more to add. I see we have hvac_blower, but, anyway, maybe a native fan on the same assumptions of the fan from HASS could be reasonable. I have a couple of them. ie, this is from ESPHome via HASS. x_hass.domain="fan" x_hass.entity_id="fan.kitchen_seashell_hood_ventilation_fan" x_hass.floor_id=null x_hass.services=["fan","esphome"] x_hass.source="esphome" x_hass.state="off" x_hass_attr.friendly_name="Seashell Hood Ventilation Fan" x_hass_attr.percentage=50 x_hass_attr.percentage_step=25 x_hass_attr.preset_mode="" x_hass_attr.preset_modes=[] x_hass_attr.supported_features=49 Thanks.
Multi-System Reactor
[MSR] Rule do not fire
therealdbT
Topic thumbnail image
Multi-System Reactor
Rule condition shows TRUE in UI but Rule never transitions to SET — survives full restart
N
Build: latest-26221-b25bb3e3, Docker on Synology. Hi, I have a Rule whose Trigger/Constraints reference other Rules via Rule State ... is TRUE. At some point it stops firing. Expanding the rule's condition tree in the UI shows every Trigger and Constraint condition green/TRUE — confirmed live by walking into the room and watching Motion go true in real time. Rule History shows no new SET, just old reset entries. Tried, on the same rule, same evening: recreating the trigger conditions with fresh IDs, recreating the constraint conditions with fresh IDs (flat and wrapped in a new Group — wrapping in a Group produced one SET, but it didn't reproduce on repeat attempts with the same structure), and finally a full container restart with a verified-correct saved rule. Still no SET, even with a fresh live motion event right after the restart. Separately, I found that this rule (and its 10 per-room clones) share identical internal condition/group IDs with each other — leftover from a batch clone done months ago, never regenerated. Not sure if that's related, since fixing the IDs didn't reliably fix the symptom either. Has anyone seen a Rule State condition show TRUE in the UI without the Rule ever producing a SET, surviving a clean restart? Thanks in advance
Multi-System Reactor
DynamicGroupController and attributes
therealdbT
Hey @toggledbits I'm back to trying to optimize a couple of things based on dynamic group. First of all, I think I found a typo in the doc: primary_attribute: "binary_sensor.state" primary_attribute_value: | d = false; each id in members: d = getEntity(id)?.attributes?.power_switch?.state or d, d I think the correct code snippet is d = false, All that said, my use case for dynamic groups is to group 3 different climate devices, so I could easily command them at the same time. Commands are good, but sometimes I want to check if any of the devices are on, and that's easily done with a similar snippet as the one you have in the docs. But this is limited to the primary attribute, while I want to have any of the attributes in the group to be driven by a similar logic (while all are null in the group). ie, access hvac_control.mode and see if any of the unit is set to cool, or heat. Is that possible, without re-defining an expression in each of my rules? Thanks!
Multi-System Reactor
Reactor (Multi-System/Multi-Hub) Announcements
toggledbitsT
Build 21228 has been released. Docker images available from DockerHub as usual, and bare-metal packages here. Home Assistant up to version 2021.8.6 supported; the online version of the manual will now state the current supported versions; Fix an error in OWMWeatherController that could cause it to stop updating; Unify the approach to entity filtering on all hub interface classes (controllers); this works for device entities only; it may be extended to other entities later; Improve error detail in messages for EzloController during auth phase; Add isRuleSet() and isRuleEnabled() functions to expressions extensions; Implement set action for lock and passage capabilities (makes them more easily scriptable in some cases); Fix a place in the UI where 24-hour time was not being displayed.
Multi-System Reactor
Unofficial thread for compatibility
tunnusT
As there are statements about compatibility for home assistant versions in MSR new version announcements (e.g. "HassController: Bless Hass to 2025.7.3"), I thought it would be good idea to track other controllers as well. As an example, I can confirm that build "latest-25208-c53e8513" works with Hubitat Elevation C-8 platform version 2.4.2.134 using Maker API. Updates: (the latest versions first in the list) OK: build "latest-25264-2fbe9217" with Hubitat C-8 platform v. 2.4.3.123
Multi-System Reactor
Ooops - Deleted Reactor Ex Machina II
R
I accidentally deleted Reactor Ex Machina II (REM II) from my Reactor rules. I tried to recover it by deleting the .json and .dval in the Rules subdirectory and then recreating it from Togglebits original posting, but that did not work. Does anyone know how to recover REM ll ?
Multi-System Reactor
Bail out of failed reaction?
T
Topic thumbnail image
Multi-System Reactor
Arming Envisalink panel from MSR
T
Topic thumbnail image
Multi-System Reactor
[Solved] DynamicGroupController updating members issue
CrilleC
Edit: Solved in latest-26221. Bare-metal latest-26193 I have this group: "OKforLarm": name: OK för Larm select: - include_controller: vera - include_capability: door_sensor filter_expression: entity.attributes.door_sensor.state It contains the entities I expect but behaves a bit odd. When I open vera>device_10097 the entity attribute door_sensor.state changes to true but it won't show up as member in the group, when I also open vera>device_10095 they both shows as members and when I close vera>device_10095 it disappear from the group but when I close vera>device_10097 it lingers in the group until I restart Reactor.
Multi-System Reactor
Upgrade Issues
T
Topic thumbnail image
Multi-System Reactor
[SOLVED] Conflicting Set Reaction Groups Appear to Fire Simultaneously in Single Rule Evaluation
G
Topic thumbnail image
Multi-System Reactor
[SOLVED] Question regarding "in" vs "contains" vs contents of the string
G
Topic thumbnail image
Multi-System Reactor
Logon screen timeout
G
Noticing since 170 that the lock screen doesn't switch to the logon prompt but, rather, stays on the active UI until such time as you go to click something within it. Then it jumps to the login screen. Brave browser Brave 1.92.139 (Official Build) (arm64) Chromium: 150.0.7871.114
Multi-System Reactor
[MSR] Copy&past of actions and/or drag&drop between set/reset
therealdbT
Hey @toggledbits One thing that bothers me while doing work on new systems/new features, is that I cannot copy&paste actions, and I cannot drag&drop between set and resets. #1 is for when I want to copy an action between different rules opened in two separate browser windows, while #2 is when I just need to flip a bunch of actions in the reset, or move some logic back and forth. Both will be appreciated, but I understand the technical challenges. Thanks!
Multi-System Reactor
Upgrade advice - upgrade from aarch64 to ARM64 image
T
I'm currently on version 26011. I understand that the aarch64 image is no longer supported. So, I therefore need to update to the ARM64 image. Can anyone possibly suggest how I update my docker compose.yaml file (see below). Ideally I'd like to keep my existing reactions etc. rather than start from scratch. # Multi-System Reactor template docker-compose.yml (version 22160) # # Change the lines indicated by "DO"... # services: reactor: container_name: reactor environment: # DO change the TZ: line to set your local time zone. # See valid TZ list: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tz_database_time_zones TZ: GB # # DO NOT change this path. Your directory location is in "source" below. REACTOR_DATA_PREFIX: /var/reactor # DO change the image below to the one you are using (e.g. armv7l or aarch64 for RPi 4) image: toggledbits/reactor:latest-aarch64 restart: "always" expose: - 8111 ports: - 8111:8111 volumes: # DO change the /home/username/reactor below to the directory you created for # your local data; DO NOT change the /var/reactor part - /home/pi/docker/reactor:/var/reactor - /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro tmpfs: /tmp
Multi-System Reactor
Alexa for MSR, any interest?
MikeReadingtonM
Topic thumbnail image
Multi-System Reactor
[RESOLVED] Telegram notification broke with latest update
3
Topic thumbnail image
Multi-System Reactor
[RESOLVED] Phantom device, “INFO” appears
wmarcolinW
Topic thumbnail image
Multi-System Reactor

Dark Mode not Working - 24293

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Solved Multi-System Reactor
13 Posts 3 Posters 2.8k Views 3 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • PablaP Offline
    PablaP Offline
    Pabla
    wrote on last edited by Pabla
    #1

    Seems like switching the UI to the newly added dark mode (thank you for this) does nothing. The UI stays in light mode and only a few buttons turn into dark mode (see screenshot)

    Things I have tried:

    Hard refresh
    Different browser
    Different computer
    Restarting Reactor

    Failed troubleshooting attempts:

    No errors in Chrome console
    No relevant errors in Reactor log (can still PM the full log file)

    Reactor version: latest-24293-ea42a81d
    Hardware: Odroid N2+
    Linux version: Ubuntu 24.04.1 LTS

    3df2806f-9146-485b-9ec1-d056e91cefe5-image.png Dark mode enabled

    ff823023-c079-4684-b01f-d6ac6527d31a-image.png Light mode enabled

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • toggledbitsT Offline
      toggledbitsT Offline
      toggledbits
      wrote on last edited by
      #4

      OK. Check to make sure you've done all the npm updates/installed (see the warning in the release notes).

      Second issue is that dark mode on Ubuntu 24.04 is known to have issues (it's a platform issue, not a Reactor issue). Check from a browser running on another platform. This works for me on every browser I'm able to test, but Ubuntu Desktop isn't part of that. I can also see that at least one other user is successfully using dark mode.

      Author of Multi-system Reactor and Reactor, DelayLight, Switchboard, and about a dozen other plugins that run on Vera and openLuup.

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • toggledbitsT Offline
        toggledbitsT Offline
        toggledbits
        wrote on last edited by
        #2

        Bare metal or Docker?

        Author of Multi-system Reactor and Reactor, DelayLight, Switchboard, and about a dozen other plugins that run on Vera and openLuup.

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • PablaP Offline
          PablaP Offline
          Pabla
          wrote on last edited by
          #3

          Bare metal.. forgot to add that

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • toggledbitsT Offline
            toggledbitsT Offline
            toggledbits
            wrote on last edited by
            #4

            OK. Check to make sure you've done all the npm updates/installed (see the warning in the release notes).

            Second issue is that dark mode on Ubuntu 24.04 is known to have issues (it's a platform issue, not a Reactor issue). Check from a browser running on another platform. This works for me on every browser I'm able to test, but Ubuntu Desktop isn't part of that. I can also see that at least one other user is successfully using dark mode.

            Author of Multi-system Reactor and Reactor, DelayLight, Switchboard, and about a dozen other plugins that run on Vera and openLuup.

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • PablaP Offline
              PablaP Offline
              Pabla
              wrote on last edited by Pabla
              #5

              Ha I obviously missed the first line in the release notes in my excitement for the dark mode.. also my update script also bit me in the ass here since it didn't run sudo npm i --no-save --no-package-lock --omit dev.

              All seems to be working well now, no more needing to use sunglasses when switching over to my Reactor tab 😉 .

              PS by stating my Linux version I was trying to show what version of Linux Reactor was running on and not the devices I was accessing the UI from.. so can't confirm that the UI shows correctly in Ubuntu

              toggledbitsT 1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • PablaP Pabla marked this topic as a question on
              • PablaP Pabla has marked this topic as solved on
              • PablaP Pabla

                Ha I obviously missed the first line in the release notes in my excitement for the dark mode.. also my update script also bit me in the ass here since it didn't run sudo npm i --no-save --no-package-lock --omit dev.

                All seems to be working well now, no more needing to use sunglasses when switching over to my Reactor tab 😉 .

                PS by stating my Linux version I was trying to show what version of Linux Reactor was running on and not the devices I was accessing the UI from.. so can't confirm that the UI shows correctly in Ubuntu

                toggledbitsT Offline
                toggledbitsT Offline
                toggledbits
                wrote on last edited by
                #6

                @Pabla said in Dark Mode not Working - 24293:

                All seems to be working well now

                Outstanding. Love the easy ones!

                @Pabla said in Dark Mode not Working - 24293:

                PS by stating my Linux version I was trying to show what version of Linux Reactor was running on and not the devices I was accessing the UI from..

                Got it. Couldn't really tell, so it was worth lobbing it over the fence to see if it got thrown back. In any case, thanks for clarifying, because I use that as a data point either way.

                Author of Multi-system Reactor and Reactor, DelayLight, Switchboard, and about a dozen other plugins that run on Vera and openLuup.

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • CrilleC Offline
                  CrilleC Offline
                  Crille
                  wrote on last edited by Crille
                  #7

                  I'm getting the same issue even after running npm i --no-save --no-package-lock --omit dev, also tried npm run deps
                  Bare metal 24293 running on Ubuntu Server 22.04.5 LTS
                  Hard refreshed browser Chrome/Edge on Windows

                  What am I missing here?

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • toggledbitsT Offline
                    toggledbitsT Offline
                    toggledbits
                    wrote on last edited by
                    #8

                    Make sure you've hard-refreshed your browser after updating the packages. If you're still not getting dark mode, open your browser's console window (F12) and run the following commands exactly as shown:

                    1. $.fn.jquery — the browser should answer 3.7..1
                    2. $.ui.version — the browser should answer 1.14.0 (1.13.anything would be OK)
                    3. bootstrap.Tooltip.VERSION — the browser should answer 5.3.3

                    Author of Multi-system Reactor and Reactor, DelayLight, Switchboard, and about a dozen other plugins that run on Vera and openLuup.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • CrilleC Offline
                      CrilleC Offline
                      Crille
                      wrote on last edited by
                      #9

                      @toggledbits said in Dark Mode not Working - 24293:

                      bootstrap.Tooltip.VERSION — the browser should answer 5.3.3

                      Hm I'm getting 5.2.0 in both newly updated browsers.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • toggledbitsT Offline
                        toggledbitsT Offline
                        toggledbits
                        wrote on last edited by
                        #10

                        OK. If you have a file called package-lock.json in the Reactor directory, remove it and run npm i --no-save --no-package-lock --omit dev again. Then do npm ls and see what version of Bootstrap is showing.

                        Author of Multi-system Reactor and Reactor, DelayLight, Switchboard, and about a dozen other plugins that run on Vera and openLuup.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        0
                        • CrilleC Offline
                          CrilleC Offline
                          Crille
                          wrote on last edited by
                          #11

                          I can't find any package-lock.json and this is the output of npm ls

                          reactor-multi-system@1.3.0-24293 /home/homebridge/reactor
                          ├── @influxdata/influxdb-client@1.22.0
                          ├── @mdi/font@7.4.47
                          ├── @popperjs/core@2.11.6
                          ├── body-parser@1.20.1
                          ├── bootstrap-icons@1.11.3
                          ├── bootstrap@5.2.0
                          ├── digest-fetch@2.0.3
                          ├── diskusage-ng@1.0.2
                          ├── express@4.17.2
                          ├── feather-icons@4.28.0
                          ├── font-awesome@4.7.0
                          ├── gridstack@10.3.1
                          ├── jquery-ui@1.14.0
                          ├── jquery@3.7.1
                          ├── js-yaml@4.1.0
                          ├── node-fetch@2.6.7
                          ├── node-stream-zip@1.15.0
                          ├── nodemailer@6.8.0
                          ├── serve-static@1.15.0
                          ├── uuid@10.0.0
                          └── ws@7.5.9
                          
                          1 Reply Last reply
                          0
                          • toggledbitsT Offline
                            toggledbitsT Offline
                            toggledbits
                            wrote on last edited by
                            #12

                            OK. Edit your package.json file so that the dependencies line for bootstrap says ^5.3, and then run the npm i command (with all command line arguments previously given) again.

                            Author of Multi-system Reactor and Reactor, DelayLight, Switchboard, and about a dozen other plugins that run on Vera and openLuup.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            1
                            • CrilleC Offline
                              CrilleC Offline
                              Crille
                              wrote on last edited by
                              #13

                              Yes, that did it! Thanks

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              0
                              • toggledbitsT toggledbits unlocked this topic on
                              • toggledbitsT toggledbits locked this topic on
                              Reply
                              • Reply as topic
                              Log in to reply
                              • Oldest to Newest
                              • Newest to Oldest
                              • Most Votes


                              Recent Topics

                              • MSR with reverse proxy
                                therealdbT
                                therealdb
                                0
                                7
                                203

                              • [MSR] Native fan capabilty
                                therealdbT
                                therealdb
                                1
                                3
                                157

                              • [MSR] Rule do not fire
                                therealdbT
                                therealdb
                                0
                                4
                                187

                              • Rule condition shows TRUE in UI but Rule never transitions to SET — survives full restart
                                N
                                noelab
                                0
                                8
                                275

                              • DynamicGroupController and attributes
                                toggledbitsT
                                toggledbits
                                1
                                9
                                383

                              • Reactor (Multi-System/Multi-Hub) Announcements
                                toggledbitsT
                                toggledbits
                                5
                                149
                                142.0k

                              • Unofficial thread for compatibility
                                tunnusT
                                tunnus
                                2
                                2
                                776

                              • Ooops - Deleted Reactor Ex Machina II
                                toggledbitsT
                                toggledbits
                                0
                                2
                                126

                              • Bail out of failed reaction?
                                T
                                tamorgen
                                0
                                3
                                205

                              • Arming Envisalink panel from MSR
                                T
                                tamorgen
                                0
                                7
                                457

                              • [Solved] DynamicGroupController updating members issue
                                CrilleC
                                Crille
                                0
                                5
                                324

                              • Upgrade Issues
                                T
                                tbully
                                0
                                9
                                504
                              Powered by NodeBB | Contributors
                              Hosted freely by 10RUPTiV - Solutions Technologiques | Contact us
                              • Login

                              • Don't have an account? Register

                              • Login or register to search.
                              • First post
                                Last post
                              0
                              • Categories
                              • Recent
                              • Tags
                              • Popular
                              • Unsolved