(Last Updated: September 10, 2020)

Bluegiga’s BLED112, Raspberry Pi (Ser2net) & Vera/Node-Red

• Sorry for the long title 🙂

After building, for the want of a better term, a “Ser2net Server” in order to share various USB/Serial devices With Vera/Node-Red etc.

I’ve recently added Bluegiga’s BLED112 Bluetooth (https://www.silabs.com/wireless/bluetooth/bluegiga-low-energy-legacy-modules/device.bled112) with the goal that I can integrate all the personal bluetooth devices worn in the house (i.e fitness trackers etc.) into some sort of presence awareness set-up.

All my other usb/serial devices, such as a Current Cost energy monitor, DSC Alarm Panel and a RFCOM Rfxrtx433 transceiver which are connected are all working well, and with the ability to share each device I’ve been able to integrate them into the different HA solutions I use.

So getting back to the point of my post, and with the BLED112 connected, I can access it via the pi no problem and using this .py script (. https://github.com/jrowberg/bglib/blob/master/Python/Examples/bled112_scanner.py) - so I can do a few things when logged into the pi, but what I’m struggling with at the moment is how to get clean information out via ser2net. Currently everything looks jumbled/corrupted and I’ve tried to change the Ser2net serial/connection settings for it but that hasn’t resulted in any noticeable improvements .

Ser2net .conf settings.

4004:raw:0:/dev/ttyACM0:115200 8DATABITS NONE 1STOPBIT max-connections=4

Is anyone on this forum using the BLED112 in any capacity today ? Ideally with Vera/OpenLuup ?

Screenshot below of what’s seen via telnet (Remoter is the iOS app I’m using , but the N065H is a model of fitness band my wife has.

C8FF65D2-9BA7-4696-B085-64170A42D3E1.jpeg

And attached below is what seen from the pi when the python script is run..

0E3B2939-3751-4804-9599-835BC9741524.jpeg

Within the above you have the MAC of the Bluetooth device, plus the strength of the signal, so the makings of some good presence/range automation capabilities 🤩