Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Unsolved
Collapse
Discussion Forum to share and further the development of home control and automation, independent of platforms.
  1. Home
  2. Software
  3. Multi-System Reactor
  4. Possible Bug With Reaction Groups
MSR with reverse proxy
tunnusT
I'm trying to use MSR via reserve proxy in Synology DSM, but MSR page does not load https://<public ip>:30000/reactor/en-US/ At the same time logging page loads normally https://<public ip>:30000/api/v1/log I thought maybe authentication was messing it up, but there was no deny entries in the log, and also disabling authentication did not make any difference. For this use case VPN is not an option (that works, but as said not an option for this particular use case). Any ideas what could cause this? MSR build latest-26242-28d69aa8, Chrome browser
Multi-System Reactor
[MSR] Native fan capabilty
therealdbT
Nothing more to add. I see we have hvac_blower, but, anyway, maybe a native fan on the same assumptions of the fan from HASS could be reasonable. I have a couple of them. ie, this is from ESPHome via HASS. x_hass.domain="fan" x_hass.entity_id="fan.kitchen_seashell_hood_ventilation_fan" x_hass.floor_id=null x_hass.services=["fan","esphome"] x_hass.source="esphome" x_hass.state="off" x_hass_attr.friendly_name="Seashell Hood Ventilation Fan" x_hass_attr.percentage=50 x_hass_attr.percentage_step=25 x_hass_attr.preset_mode="" x_hass_attr.preset_modes=[] x_hass_attr.supported_features=49 Thanks.
Multi-System Reactor
[MSR] Rule do not fire
therealdbT
Topic thumbnail image
Multi-System Reactor
Rule condition shows TRUE in UI but Rule never transitions to SET — survives full restart
N
Build: latest-26221-b25bb3e3, Docker on Synology. Hi, I have a Rule whose Trigger/Constraints reference other Rules via Rule State ... is TRUE. At some point it stops firing. Expanding the rule's condition tree in the UI shows every Trigger and Constraint condition green/TRUE — confirmed live by walking into the room and watching Motion go true in real time. Rule History shows no new SET, just old reset entries. Tried, on the same rule, same evening: recreating the trigger conditions with fresh IDs, recreating the constraint conditions with fresh IDs (flat and wrapped in a new Group — wrapping in a Group produced one SET, but it didn't reproduce on repeat attempts with the same structure), and finally a full container restart with a verified-correct saved rule. Still no SET, even with a fresh live motion event right after the restart. Separately, I found that this rule (and its 10 per-room clones) share identical internal condition/group IDs with each other — leftover from a batch clone done months ago, never regenerated. Not sure if that's related, since fixing the IDs didn't reliably fix the symptom either. Has anyone seen a Rule State condition show TRUE in the UI without the Rule ever producing a SET, surviving a clean restart? Thanks in advance
Multi-System Reactor
DynamicGroupController and attributes
therealdbT
Hey @toggledbits I'm back to trying to optimize a couple of things based on dynamic group. First of all, I think I found a typo in the doc: primary_attribute: "binary_sensor.state" primary_attribute_value: | d = false; each id in members: d = getEntity(id)?.attributes?.power_switch?.state or d, d I think the correct code snippet is d = false, All that said, my use case for dynamic groups is to group 3 different climate devices, so I could easily command them at the same time. Commands are good, but sometimes I want to check if any of the devices are on, and that's easily done with a similar snippet as the one you have in the docs. But this is limited to the primary attribute, while I want to have any of the attributes in the group to be driven by a similar logic (while all are null in the group). ie, access hvac_control.mode and see if any of the unit is set to cool, or heat. Is that possible, without re-defining an expression in each of my rules? Thanks!
Multi-System Reactor
Reactor (Multi-System/Multi-Hub) Announcements
toggledbitsT
Build 21228 has been released. Docker images available from DockerHub as usual, and bare-metal packages here. Home Assistant up to version 2021.8.6 supported; the online version of the manual will now state the current supported versions; Fix an error in OWMWeatherController that could cause it to stop updating; Unify the approach to entity filtering on all hub interface classes (controllers); this works for device entities only; it may be extended to other entities later; Improve error detail in messages for EzloController during auth phase; Add isRuleSet() and isRuleEnabled() functions to expressions extensions; Implement set action for lock and passage capabilities (makes them more easily scriptable in some cases); Fix a place in the UI where 24-hour time was not being displayed.
Multi-System Reactor
Unofficial thread for compatibility
tunnusT
As there are statements about compatibility for home assistant versions in MSR new version announcements (e.g. "HassController: Bless Hass to 2025.7.3"), I thought it would be good idea to track other controllers as well. As an example, I can confirm that build "latest-25208-c53e8513" works with Hubitat Elevation C-8 platform version 2.4.2.134 using Maker API. Updates: (the latest versions first in the list) OK: build "latest-25264-2fbe9217" with Hubitat C-8 platform v. 2.4.3.123
Multi-System Reactor
Ooops - Deleted Reactor Ex Machina II
R
I accidentally deleted Reactor Ex Machina II (REM II) from my Reactor rules. I tried to recover it by deleting the .json and .dval in the Rules subdirectory and then recreating it from Togglebits original posting, but that did not work. Does anyone know how to recover REM ll ?
Multi-System Reactor
Bail out of failed reaction?
T
Topic thumbnail image
Multi-System Reactor
Arming Envisalink panel from MSR
T
Topic thumbnail image
Multi-System Reactor
[Solved] DynamicGroupController updating members issue
CrilleC
Edit: Solved in latest-26221. Bare-metal latest-26193 I have this group: "OKforLarm": name: OK för Larm select: - include_controller: vera - include_capability: door_sensor filter_expression: entity.attributes.door_sensor.state It contains the entities I expect but behaves a bit odd. When I open vera>device_10097 the entity attribute door_sensor.state changes to true but it won't show up as member in the group, when I also open vera>device_10095 they both shows as members and when I close vera>device_10095 it disappear from the group but when I close vera>device_10097 it lingers in the group until I restart Reactor.
Multi-System Reactor
Upgrade Issues
T
Topic thumbnail image
Multi-System Reactor
[SOLVED] Conflicting Set Reaction Groups Appear to Fire Simultaneously in Single Rule Evaluation
G
Topic thumbnail image
Multi-System Reactor
[SOLVED] Question regarding "in" vs "contains" vs contents of the string
G
Topic thumbnail image
Multi-System Reactor
Logon screen timeout
G
Noticing since 170 that the lock screen doesn't switch to the logon prompt but, rather, stays on the active UI until such time as you go to click something within it. Then it jumps to the login screen. Brave browser Brave 1.92.139 (Official Build) (arm64) Chromium: 150.0.7871.114
Multi-System Reactor
[MSR] Copy&past of actions and/or drag&drop between set/reset
therealdbT
Hey @toggledbits One thing that bothers me while doing work on new systems/new features, is that I cannot copy&paste actions, and I cannot drag&drop between set and resets. #1 is for when I want to copy an action between different rules opened in two separate browser windows, while #2 is when I just need to flip a bunch of actions in the reset, or move some logic back and forth. Both will be appreciated, but I understand the technical challenges. Thanks!
Multi-System Reactor
Upgrade advice - upgrade from aarch64 to ARM64 image
T
I'm currently on version 26011. I understand that the aarch64 image is no longer supported. So, I therefore need to update to the ARM64 image. Can anyone possibly suggest how I update my docker compose.yaml file (see below). Ideally I'd like to keep my existing reactions etc. rather than start from scratch. # Multi-System Reactor template docker-compose.yml (version 22160) # # Change the lines indicated by "DO"... # services: reactor: container_name: reactor environment: # DO change the TZ: line to set your local time zone. # See valid TZ list: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tz_database_time_zones TZ: GB # # DO NOT change this path. Your directory location is in "source" below. REACTOR_DATA_PREFIX: /var/reactor # DO change the image below to the one you are using (e.g. armv7l or aarch64 for RPi 4) image: toggledbits/reactor:latest-aarch64 restart: "always" expose: - 8111 ports: - 8111:8111 volumes: # DO change the /home/username/reactor below to the directory you created for # your local data; DO NOT change the /var/reactor part - /home/pi/docker/reactor:/var/reactor - /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro tmpfs: /tmp
Multi-System Reactor
Alexa for MSR, any interest?
MikeReadingtonM
Topic thumbnail image
Multi-System Reactor
[RESOLVED] Telegram notification broke with latest update
3
Topic thumbnail image
Multi-System Reactor
[RESOLVED] Phantom device, “INFO” appears
wmarcolinW
Topic thumbnail image
Multi-System Reactor

Possible Bug With Reaction Groups

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Multi-System Reactor
4 Posts 3 Posters 750 Views 3 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • PablaP Offline
    PablaP Offline
    Pabla
    wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Not 100% sure this is a bug because I may have an error in my logic but here is the issue I am running into.

    I have created 3 dynamic groups, the first group called "battery_35" filters all battery_powered devices that have a battery_level between 11% and 35%. My second dynamic group is called "battery_10" and it filters the same type of devices but only the ones with a battery_level between 1% and 10%. The third group is "battery_dead" and filters the same type of devices as the previous groups, but only the ones that have 0% battery. Refer to my earlier thread about the specifics of the dynamic group if necessary.

    My triggers are as follow in the screenshot. Basically if the local expression that spits out the devices that match the criteria for one of three dynamic groups changes and the respective dynamic group is false, the rule goes true.

    Screenshot 2022-10-31 at 8.34.16 PM.png

    I have 3 reaction groups, all set up basically the same. I have a condition for each group to only trigger the notify action if the variable that contains the low battery device (either 35%, 10% or dead) changes. I have it set this way to prevent multiple notifications of device low battery and to mitigate the need to create 3 different rulesets for each battery level.

    Screenshot 2022-10-31 at 8.36.40 PM.png Screenshot 2022-10-31 at 8.37.05 PM.png Screenshot 2022-10-31 at 8.38.44 PM.png

    The issue occurs here, if say the "name_battery_10" and/or "name_battery_dead" are empty, and the "name_battery_35" changes (ie a device battery is now between 11-35%) the "35% Battery" successfully (and expectedly) triggers and the notification is sent. However at the same time one of the triggers "name_battery_10" or "name_battery_dead" trigger and those notifications are sent, albeit with empty device names since no devices actually met their filters (haven't found a pattern of which trigger group goes triggers). This only happens if the variable values are empty. If all the variables are not empty I do not experience this issue.

    I think I could mitigate this by adding the same dynamic group condition that's in the triggers section into the reaction groups but before I do this I want to see if this is a bug or incorrect logic. I have included some logs when this issue occurred I do not see any error besides the dynamic group for "offline devices" which I am still figuring out so please ignore that :).

    [latest-22302]2022-11-01T02:48:18.571Z <Rule:INFO> Low Battery (rule-l9vvokiq in Notifications) starting evaluation; because entity-changed Entity#hass>sensor_backyard_gate_battery_level
    [latest-22302]2022-11-01T02:48:18.705Z <Rule:INFO> Low Battery (rule-l9vvokiq in Notifications) evaluated; trigger state unchanged (false); rule state remains RESET
    [latest-22302]2022-11-01T02:48:18.709Z <Rule:INFO> Low Battery (rule-l9vvokiq in Notifications) evaluation complete
    [latest-22302]2022-11-01T02:48:18.782Z <DynamicGroupController:ERR> DynamicGroupController#groups filter expression entity.attributes.x_hass.state == 'unknown' ||  entity.attributes.x_hass.state == 'unavailable' || entity.attributes.x_hass.state == 'none'
     error with Group#hass>controller_all: [ReferenceError]ReferenceError: Invalid scope in reference to member state of (object)null
    [latest-22302]2022-11-01T02:48:18.783Z <DynamicGroupController:ERR> DynamicGroupController#groups filter expression entity.attributes.x_hass.state == 'unknown' ||  entity.attributes.x_hass.state == 'unavailable' || entity.attributes.x_hass.state == 'none'
     error with System#hass>system: [ReferenceError]ReferenceError: Invalid scope in reference to member state of (object)null
    [latest-22302]2022-11-01T02:48:19.047Z <Rule:INFO> Low Battery (rule-l9vvokiq in Notifications) starting evaluation; because entity-changed Group#groups>low_battery_35
    [latest-22302]2022-11-01T02:48:19.148Z <Rule:INFO> Low Battery (rule-l9vvokiq in Notifications) evaluated; rule state transition from RESET to SET!
    [latest-22302]2022-11-01T02:48:19.198Z <Rule:INFO> Low Battery (rule-l9vvokiq in Notifications) evaluation complete
    [latest-22302]2022-11-01T02:48:19.200Z <Engine:INFO> Enqueueing "Low Battery<SET>" (rule-l9vvokiq:S)
    [latest-22302]2022-11-01T02:48:19.230Z <Rule:INFO> Low Battery (rule-l9vvokiq in Notifications) starting evaluation; because timer-trigger Timer#rule-l9vvokiq
    [latest-22302]2022-11-01T02:48:19.331Z <Rule:INFO> Low Battery (rule-l9vvokiq in Notifications) evaluated; rule state transition from SET to RESET!
    [latest-22302]2022-11-01T02:48:19.380Z <Rule:INFO> Low Battery (rule-l9vvokiq in Notifications) evaluation complete
    [latest-22302]2022-11-01T02:48:19.384Z <Engine:NOTICE> Starting reaction Low Battery<SET> (rule-l9vvokiq:S)
    [latest-22302]2022-11-01T02:48:19.385Z <Engine:INFO> Low Battery<SET> all actions completed. ```![Screenshot 2022-10-31 at 8.38.44 PM.png](/assets/uploads/files/1667273939467-screenshot-2022-10-31-at-8.38.44-pm-resized.png)
    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • toggledbitsT Offline
      toggledbitsT Offline
      toggledbits
      wrote on last edited by toggledbits
      #2

      There's a bug here, but probably not what you think: the changes operator should not be allowed in constraints. It's special, in that it's a reactive operator that can only respond once and immediately when a value changes. After it has declared that a value has changed, that test will not succeed again unless and until the value changes again, so its behavior in a constraint is effectively undefined and nondeterministic. Fixed: next build the changes operator will not be listed as an option in constraint context.

      Instead of using changes again on your group, why not just test to see if your name list is empty/blank or not?

      The group expression errors showing in the log suggest you have a battery-operated device (or whatever matches your selectors) that isn't from Hass (i.e. the x_hass capability isn't present on it). You may need to handle this condition in your expression, which may be as simple as using the coalesce operators in your expression so that a missing attribute doesn't generate an error:

      entity.attributes.x_hass?.state == 'unknown' ||  entity.attributes.x_hass?.state == 'unavailable' || entity.attributes.x_hass?.state == 'none'
      

      Author of Multi-system Reactor and Reactor, DelayLight, Switchboard, and about a dozen other plugins that run on Vera and openLuup.

      PablaP 1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • toggledbitsT toggledbits

        There's a bug here, but probably not what you think: the changes operator should not be allowed in constraints. It's special, in that it's a reactive operator that can only respond once and immediately when a value changes. After it has declared that a value has changed, that test will not succeed again unless and until the value changes again, so its behavior in a constraint is effectively undefined and nondeterministic. Fixed: next build the changes operator will not be listed as an option in constraint context.

        Instead of using changes again on your group, why not just test to see if your name list is empty/blank or not?

        The group expression errors showing in the log suggest you have a battery-operated device (or whatever matches your selectors) that isn't from Hass (i.e. the x_hass capability isn't present on it). You may need to handle this condition in your expression, which may be as simple as using the coalesce operators in your expression so that a missing attribute doesn't generate an error:

        entity.attributes.x_hass?.state == 'unknown' ||  entity.attributes.x_hass?.state == 'unavailable' || entity.attributes.x_hass?.state == 'none'
        
        PablaP Offline
        PablaP Offline
        Pabla
        wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @toggledbits said in Possible Bug With Reaction Groups:

        There's a bug here, but probably not what you think: the changes operator should not be allowed in constraints. It's special, in that it's a reactive operator that can only respond once and immediately when a value changes. After it has declared that a value has changed, that test will not succeed again unless and until the value changes again, so its behavior in a constraint is effectively undefined and nondeterministic. Fixed: next build the changes operator will not be listed as an option in constraint context.
        Instead of using changes again on your group, why not just test to see if your name list is empty/blank or not?

        Sounds good, I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out what was wrong. I swapped it for "is not empty" now it triggers as expected.

        @toggledbits said in Possible Bug With Reaction Groups:

        The group expression errors showing in the log suggest you have a battery-operated device (or whatever matches your selectors) that isn't from Hass (i.e. the x_hass capability isn't present on it). You may need to handle this condition in your expression, which may be as simple as using the coalesce operators in your expression so that a missing attribute doesn't generate an error:

        This seems to have done the trick as well.

        I have a question about the time shown stamps shown in the logs, it never matches up with my local time. Its usually a few hours ahead, is there anyway to have that changed to match the time zone MSR is in? It makes debugging a bit easier.

        G 1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • PablaP Pabla

          @toggledbits said in Possible Bug With Reaction Groups:

          There's a bug here, but probably not what you think: the changes operator should not be allowed in constraints. It's special, in that it's a reactive operator that can only respond once and immediately when a value changes. After it has declared that a value has changed, that test will not succeed again unless and until the value changes again, so its behavior in a constraint is effectively undefined and nondeterministic. Fixed: next build the changes operator will not be listed as an option in constraint context.
          Instead of using changes again on your group, why not just test to see if your name list is empty/blank or not?

          Sounds good, I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out what was wrong. I swapped it for "is not empty" now it triggers as expected.

          @toggledbits said in Possible Bug With Reaction Groups:

          The group expression errors showing in the log suggest you have a battery-operated device (or whatever matches your selectors) that isn't from Hass (i.e. the x_hass capability isn't present on it). You may need to handle this condition in your expression, which may be as simple as using the coalesce operators in your expression so that a missing attribute doesn't generate an error:

          This seems to have done the trick as well.

          I have a question about the time shown stamps shown in the logs, it never matches up with my local time. Its usually a few hours ahead, is there anyway to have that changed to match the time zone MSR is in? It makes debugging a bit easier.

          G Offline
          G Offline
          gwp1
          wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @pabla Logs are in UTC.

          *Hubitat C-7 2.5.1.142
          *Proxmox VE v8, Beelink MiniPC 12GBs, SSD

          *HAOS
          Core 2026.7.4
          w/ HA Connect ZWA-2
          FW: v1.1
          SDK: v7.23.1

          *Prod MSR in docker/portainer
          MSR: latest-26193-8dd8f854
          MQTTController: 25139
          ZWave Controller: 25139

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • toggledbitsT toggledbits locked this topic on
          Reply
          • Reply as topic
          Log in to reply
          • Oldest to Newest
          • Newest to Oldest
          • Most Votes


          Recent Topics

          • MSR with reverse proxy
            therealdbT
            therealdb
            0
            7
            210

          • [MSR] Native fan capabilty
            therealdbT
            therealdb
            1
            3
            162

          • [MSR] Rule do not fire
            therealdbT
            therealdb
            0
            4
            192

          • Rule condition shows TRUE in UI but Rule never transitions to SET — survives full restart
            N
            noelab
            0
            8
            278

          • DynamicGroupController and attributes
            toggledbitsT
            toggledbits
            1
            9
            388

          • Reactor (Multi-System/Multi-Hub) Announcements
            toggledbitsT
            toggledbits
            5
            149
            142.1k

          • Unofficial thread for compatibility
            tunnusT
            tunnus
            2
            2
            780

          • Ooops - Deleted Reactor Ex Machina II
            toggledbitsT
            toggledbits
            0
            2
            127

          • Bail out of failed reaction?
            T
            tamorgen
            0
            3
            206

          • Arming Envisalink panel from MSR
            T
            tamorgen
            0
            7
            457

          • [Solved] DynamicGroupController updating members issue
            CrilleC
            Crille
            0
            5
            324

          • Upgrade Issues
            T
            tbully
            0
            9
            504
          Powered by NodeBB | Contributors
          Hosted freely by 10RUPTiV - Solutions Technologiques | Contact us
          • Login

          • Don't have an account? Register

          • Login or register to search.
          • First post
            Last post
          0
          • Categories
          • Recent
          • Tags
          • Popular
          • Unsolved